Friday, February 20, 2015

Pappus

Life expressed in anemochorous drift
A mere consequence of wind
and sift
Dare I say dreams
pushing the lofty calyxian shift
Ever lighter
Swirling higher
in selective success

Where a quiver of a pull
off the quill of a stem
Breaks into a spin
And in the rising
Matter transcends gravity
gaily

It journeys effortless
On the invisible stream
That bears hotly and gustily
Down and upon the grind of being
That self-same force
That shapes the billowing evanescence
of steam
or cells

These clouds, look you now
These fantastic beings
dancing along an incarnate seam
Of temperature and moisture extremes
Ocean laden
Arctic driven
Laying down seeds
raining seeds
And blowing them away

2 comments:

  1. Tell you what Justin, that is a unique artistic combination. You just may be a trend setter for such a poetic art. Love it! If you get a chance please check out my blog at westernpabotany@blogdpot.com I don't have a domain yet but soon. You are one of the bloggers that has inspired me to start a blog, take care friend

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jeff! My poetry page has been tucked away unnoticed for a while now. I've hesitantly added a few poems just for the fun of it. The "Pappus" poem is one of my favorites because it encapsulates evolution's form and function so well and relates it to wind and being carried away.

    ReplyDelete